Environmental laws have a huge impact on our life. They improve water and air quality, they protect nature, and they encourage recycling and waste management. But to really make an appreciable difference, these EU laws must be properly implemented.
EU Green Week 2019 will put this process of environmental implementation into the spotlight, asking questions such as:
- Do these laws really matter, and what the added benefits are for citizens?
- What does successful implementation look like?
- Why do "implementation gaps" exist?
- How can we move from knowing that stakeholders need to take ownership of these laws to actually making it happen?
And most importantly,
- How can the EU facilitate the process, making sure that citizens' voices are heard?
EU Green Week 2019 will see events happening all across Europe including in Ireland, Sweden and Finland. If you are planning an event between 13 April and 9 June 2019, why not register (before 15 March) it as an EU Green Week partner event? Any type of event is eligible, be it a workshop, presentation, study visit, open day or online event, etc. Being part of EU Green Week gives the opportunity to showcase the achievements of your organisation or city to a wider audience. For more information and registration, please visit the EU Green Week website.